Matthew - 1: 1-17
1. The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judah and his brethren;
3. and Judah begat Perez and Zerah of Tamar; and Perez begat Hezron; and Hezron begat Ram;
4. and Ram begat Amminadab; and Amminadab begat Nahshon; and Nahshon begat Salmon;
5. and Salmon begat Boaz of Rahab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6. and Jesse begat David the king. And David begat Solomon of her `that had been the wife' of Uriah;
7. and Solomon begat Rehoboam; and Rehoboam begat Abijah; and Abijah begat Asa;
8. and Asa begat Jehoshaphat; and Jehoshaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Uzziah;
9. and Uzziah begat Jotham; and Jotham begat Ahaz; and Ahaz begat Hezekiah;
10. and Hezekiah begat Manasseh; and Manasseh begat Amon; and Amon begat Josiah;
11. and Josiah begat Jechoniah and his brethren, at the time of the carrying away to Babylon.
12. And after the carrying away to Babylon, Jechoniah begat Shealtiel; and Shealtiel begat Zerubbabel;
13. and Zerubbabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14. and Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15. and Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16. and Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
17. So all the generations from Abraham unto David are fourteen generations; and from David unto the carrying away to Babylon fourteen generations; and from the carrying away to Babylon unto the Christ fourteen generations.